(0 rates)
    • July 9, 2011 7:30 PM CDT
    • (Moderator)
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Several months ago, we started talking about how we could help keep the romance alive in individual collecting clubs and groups.

We talked a few clubs that told us they are experiencing membership reductions along with $$ problems.

So we decided to assist clubs and groups by offering free online meeting places for their groups to meet.  Online meetings have become very popular (GoToMeeting, WebEx, etc), and they seem to be priced out of reach of most small groups.

Our plan give groups the opportunity to grow their groups by expanding their reach.  Offering a live online meeting place.  No driving necessary.

Our online meeting service allows for group members to connect into a virtual meeting center where they talk with each other and share photos or other presentations.

Talking with an iAntique member Jeff about this idea, brought even more excitement to the plan.  With Jeff's help, we're going to contact a small list of collecting clubs to find some interested groups.

What for more interesting things to come.

• July 14, 2011 11:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be interested in an online group that shares marketing techniques, i.e. blogs, article writing, etc. with each other. Once people know that the service is free, there may be serious interest from groups that currently use Meetup.com since it levies a hefty charge on the group leader.
    • July 14, 2011 11:46 PM CDT
    • (Moderator)
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

The marketing angle could be HUGE. I'd like to setup a time for us to discuss how to make that happen!
    • July 14, 2011 11:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You bet. I'm usually free on weekends or evenings. Let me know the best way to get in touch.
    • July 15, 2011 1:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds like you have acquired a sudden large amount of computer knowledge?
    • July 15, 2011 8:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeff, Meetup.com is a site which requires people actually meet in person once a month. They meet one another by signing up to a group, not unlike iantique. Yes, I am computer literate, but not social networking fluent. In addition I have solid research skills. I have a B.A. in English and a J.D. from California Western School of Law. You are welcome to contact me privately if you have any further questions about my background if you need to query further.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is closed
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel