iAntique Classifieds vs the Auction Houses

  • The major auction houses have raised their buyers' premiums and sellers' commissions to the point where they are claiming 40%+ of the selling price, leaving the consignors (sellers) less than 60%. They are successfully implementing this policy despite the fact that sellers can sell direct to endusers, paying absolutely no commissions to middlemen. Sunday evening's show is devoted to laying out a strategy for sellers to take advantage of this opportunity. I'm putting my money where my mouth is by offering for sale in the iAntique Classifieds an item that normally I (& anyone else) would sell through a major auction house--it is a previously lost to history poker table recently found in a basement in Denver, CO and brought in to me at the Brass Armadillo Antique Mall. All you guys in Kansas City should be particularly interested in this find as the previous owner was President Harry S. Truman, and he owned and used this poker table while he was President. Hope everybody can join us online Sunday evening, February 2, 2014, at the normal time: 6PM PST, 7PM MST, 8PM CST, 9PM EST. Gary